Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ladakh on my mind !!!

Ladakh - It has become like an elusive dream I have been chasing for far too long. Like literally years !!! In the past few years I must have made plans for Ladakh with scores of friends and somehow it just doesn't happen. I have lost track of the reasons this trip hasn't worked out with anyone yet, but I sure haven't given up on it !!
From friends who fake enthusiasm saying, "Yeaiee we'll go to Laddakh !!" to canning plans at the last minute and going to Goa cause its easier...from falling out with friends with whom I made the plans in the first place (*yes I am short tempered & yes I don't forgive & forget :p) to agreeing to backpack with a group of random strangers until better sense prevailed...its like each time I have reached the station but missed the train :S
But this year...I am going to make the trip !! (*Anything Can Happen - Ellie Goulding playing in the background). I am out on a limb. I have already applied for my leaves at work (*I really wanna do it around my birthday !!) and I have quite sometime to myself to plan my trip out in 5-6 different ways and I am going to do just that. I have waited way to long for company, time, money, information, etc etc.. When a girl needs her exotic location fix she gets her exotic location fix !! :P
Ladakh is not really my escape. Honestly my work is killing me right now and yet I am enjoying it to bits. I hate IT but somehow I have come to love the work I am doing. But its like a part of me has eloped to Ladakh and I have to go find that part of me there !! Something tells me...I am not too far :) So wish me luck :D

Chasing my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...

No comments:

Post a Comment