Friday, May 3, 2013

I got robbed last night !

 this is just so dumb ! They literally snatched the bag from my hand and zoomed away on their bike ! And I just cant come to terms with it -_-
Me and my sister went to see the late night show of Iron Man 3 and by the time the show got over, it was pretty close to midnight. But its Mumbai, late night doesn't bother you or maybe it should ? We caught a rick and were on our way home, when we suddenly saw another rick go topsy-turvy on the highway ! It was an accident ! Our rick guy parked at the side of the road and rushed to help while we watched. Luckily none was hurt. So our driver came back and we resumed our journey back home. While I was chatting with my sister suddenly 2 guys on a bike crept up from the right. The pillion rider snatched the bag from my hand, before I could even realize what the heck happened, they had sped up and whizzed past us ! When I realized the horror, I just exclaimed "Oh shit !" and I went blank , straight out panic attack ! I am not the one who screams for help, so I just froze and kept saying :Oh Shit !" "oh No !" (like that would help..duh ) The rest that followed is hazy ! My rickshaw driver tried to follow the bike, but of course the bike was faster and they went out of sight in no time. I dint even have the sense to take down the bike number ! Hell I couldn't even see their face properly ! :(
My sister immediately called up my dad, (my parents were out of town !) my dad called up a few other people and all the while I was just crying cause it seemed like I lost everything ! My friendly neighbors helped me get an FIR lodged and I spent most part of the night at the police station trying to get this sorted.
I know I am not getting any of my stolen stuff back, call me a pessimist but I am talking from experience. I also now have to spend more money on getting all my debit cards, credit cards, driving license, PAN card, Office Ids, etc reissued. I lost my beautiful Samsung Galaxy Note 800 which was less than 6 months old (Scribbles is what I had named it..even though I am not really into naming my stuff).
The policemen said they will find it. My friends say you are going to earn it all back, but it still doesn't soften the blow. Also what if it gets stolen again ? I buy something I like from my hard earned money only to get it taken away by some low life losers again ? I always thought I was a strong girl and now my confidence has taken such a beating because I couldn't do anything about it. How could it slip out of my hand so easily ? How alert can you really be ?
I have had extreme support from all my friends and family in dealing with this, but I guess I just need to finish mourning over this properly...I am gonna miss you Scribbles ! </3

No comments:

Post a Comment