Thursday, May 9, 2013

This got me thinking today….

LinkedIn recommended this news to me today “There Are Only Four Jobs in the Whole World – Are You in the Right One?” – By Lou Adler. My first thoughts were.. what would be the categories? Perhaps Engineering, Medical, Law, Entertainment, etc. Is this article going to talk about the most interesting or maybe the well-paid jobs in the market today? Well this should be interesting! I was pleasantly surprised to learn something new and entirely different!
The four jobs that the article spoke about were:
·         Thinkers – people who give birth to new ideas
·         Builders – people who give shape to these ideas and convert them to reality
·         Improvers – people who make existing processes better
·         Producers – people who maintain the processes
Naturally, I tried to find my place in this theory. I believe I am at the grass root level of my organization. Being a techie, my primary role is to build what is required and to maintain what has already been built. So majorly, I belong to the producers club. Lately, I have also been interacting with my clients directly, to understand their ideas and figure out how to implement them. So I have been trickling into the Builders bunch too.
Moving further, I now have a new point of view to determine what I want to do in the future. So apart from deciding which industry or domain would interest me or what position do I want to rise to and how much money I want to mint, I am now also conscious of what nature of job do I want to indulge in.
As diverse as human nature gets, it wouldn’t be so that a person is only a thinker or a builder or an improver or a producer right? There is surely a little bit of all the four in all of us. But when it comes to your job, I believe thinking in this direction might just also help you figure out if you are doing what you love!
So who are you today and who do you want to become tomorrow? 

No comments:

Post a Comment